Friday, August 27, 2010

The perfect move

I haven't posted in a while because we just moved. My past week was spent packing, cleaning, driving, then unpacking and some more cleaning, and there's still more to do. With 3 kids, conducting the perfect move is quite impossible. If it were just me, I would have everything packed in 1-2 days, spend a day cleaning, a day driving and resting, and then about 2-3 days unpacking and putting everything away. That's a total of 7 days. Yes, I think the perfect move could be conducted from beginning to end in about 7 days. But with 3 kids around? Kiss that dream goodbye. My kids unpack things faster than I can box them up, and when we arrived in our new place they rummaged through stuff until they found the toys and in a blink of an eye had them scattered all around the house, not to mention the winter clothes which my son had to find in order to dress up as a ninja or a polar bear or whatever he was thinking of at the moment. I love my children, but I wish I could pawn them off to someone for exactly 7 days while I conducted the perfect move. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment